Skip to main content
Subcontracts - Delays
Why are Subrecipient Award Agreements Delayed?
- Budget changes / Revised Budgets / Revised Budget Justifications
- Revised scope of work
- Budget errors
- Milestone payments need to be set up
- Foreign site restrictions
- IRB has no active FWA (Federal Wide Assurance)
- Negotiations on terms and conditions
- IRB or IACUC approval needed
Why are Subrecipient Award Modifications Delayed?
- Change in budget
- No out-year budget from original submission
- No Subrecipient Progress Report
- No statement of work for current funding period
- Restricted party screening
What Can a Grant Manager Do to Reduce Delays?
- Review the budget.
- Look at the categories. Are there costs that are not allowed?
- Make sure that the subrecipient's IRB has an active FWA
- Tanzania Women Research Foundation (TAWREF)
- Duke University
- Make sure that the subrecipient has a DUNS number and that it is registered in sam.gov