Pivot is an excellent, searchable database. It is user friendly and has features that allow you to search for funding, save or share your searches, see who on Duke University's campus might also share the same research interests. Pivot's tutorials are very short and user friendly. You can choose to use the Quick Start Guide PDF or YouTube tutorials that can be found at each link below. You will need to use your Duke email address when creating your Pivot account. Click on the headings below to reach the tutorials listed.
- Pivot Quick Start Guide 2019 (PDF)
- Pivot Start Guide (2 page PDF)
- Pivot Start Guide and Search Tips (25 pages PDF)
- Pivot Claim Your Profiles Overview
- Pivot Users Checklist: 5 ways to get the most from Pivot
- Pivot and Papers Invited: Scholars can discover special journal issues and search thousands of conferences from all over the world that are requesting “calls for papers” where researchers can present and publish their research, covering hundreds of academic disciplines.
Pivot YouTube Tutorials
- Pivot Funding: Quick Search Tutorial
- Pivot Funding: Advanced Search
- Pivot Funding: Search by Sponsor
- Pivot Funding: Navigating Search Results
- Pivot Funding: Saving or Tracking Opps
- Pivot Funding: Setting Alerts
- Pivot Funding: Creating Groups to Use When Sharing Fund Opps
Learn how to navigate Active and Tracked Opps, Saved Searches and the Pivot Advisor.
- Your Home Page: Tracked Opps
- Your Home Page: Active Opps
- Your Home Page: Setting Deadline Reminders
- Your Home Page: Advisor
- Your Home Page: Saved Searches
- Your Home Page: Shared Opps
- Your Home Page: Received Opps
- Your Home Page: Curated Opps
Learn now to search and navigate the Profiles area of Pivot.
- Pivot Profiles: Quick Searches
- Pivot Profiles: Advanced Search
- Pivot Profiles: Refining Profile Search Results
- Pivot Profiles: Funding Matches
Scholars can discover special journal issues and search thousands of conferences from all over the world that are requesting “calls for papers” where researchers can present and publish their research, covering hundreds of academic disciplines.
If you have any further questions or suggestions for the troubleshooting section, please email the Outreach Coordinator, Office of Research Support.