The Office of Education for Research Administration and Finance (OERAF) is excited to announce enhancements to the continuing education guidance for Duke’s research administration certificate programs. These enhancements were developed in partnership with a Training Redesign group which included representatives from MNMC, Campus, and Central Offices supporting research administration.
As a reminder, to support Duke’s COVID 19 response, we made adjusts to certification years as follows:
- FY 20 certification period was July 1, 2019 – August 31, 2020;
- FY 21 certification period is September 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021;
- FY 22 certification period is currently planned to be July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022.
Highlights of the CE changes include in the following:
- Annual CE requirements changed to 12 CE hours per year (pro-rated to 10 CE for FY21 certification).
- Management of Select Post Administration Issues (MSPAI) is required but will be tracked as event attendance vs. hours of continuing education. This increases flexibility in scheduling and the length of MSPAI.
- Categories for CE include interpersonal/professional skills training and presentations at research administration professional conferences and meetings.
- CE categories with minimum and maximum CE hours.
- CE tracking form to assist research administrators and supervisors in proactively managing and planning CE throughout the year.
For more details, visit the CE webpage.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.