During these challenging times Duke Health and Well-Being has been busy supporting the Duke community by creating self-care opportunities for mindfulness and well-being. The following new resources are free to Duke employees:
Drive Through Ear Seeds – Free! (NetID login required for link)
Provided by licensed acupuncturists at Duke Integrative Medicine
- What the heck are ear seeds?? Ears seeds are used as very small acupressure devices, taped into place at useful locations in our ears. They stay in for 3 - 5 days.
- Wait. What?? This is about your comfort, relaxation and awesomeness. The 5-point pattern of these ear (or auricular) acu-points is applied to support your "calm and carrying on" mode. The 5-point pattern is known as the NADA protocol and is utilized in a variety of settings to ease stress or pain.
- I’m interested. Where do I go? Times are through May (for now), Tuesdays through Saturdays, 7 to 10 a.m. and 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Drive up to the Duke Integrative Medicine which is the first building on the right in the Center for Living campus at 3475 Erwin Road. The acupuncturist will meet you under the canopy.
- Reminder: Bring your Duke ID badge and a mask to the drive through.
Virtual 30-Minute Mindfulness Meditation Breaks
- So, what’s this about? Take 30 minutes to participate in breathing exercises, visualizations, and gratitude for family and friends. It’s a nice break from the day and provides time to re-center and take time for Y-O-U.
- Who is leading this? Sessions are facilitated by Jeff Brantley, a pioneer and leader in the mindful based stress reduction field.
- When can I join? Tuesdays and Fridays through May (for now) @ 2pm.
- How do I join? Meet us at 2pm by clicking this Zoom link https://duke.zoom.us/j/130852994
The ORS Team