Thank you for your continued dedication to the submission of comprehensive requests for NIH no-cost extensions and carryover. We sincerely appreciate your patience and perseverance during this process.
In an effort to further streamline prior approvals, NIH requests will transition to ORS for review and approval effective May 1, 2022. As of this date, ORS will become your primary contact for all NIH NCE and carryover request reviews, submissions, and questions.
What does this mean for your departmental processes?
- NCE requests – Departments should choose the appropriate ORS representative from the drop down menu on the NCE form in SPS (instead of a CAMT contact)
- Carryover requests – Departments will continue to submit requests via the approved carryover form which will automatically route to the appropriate office upon submission
- The carryover form is available via MRH using the “Submit a Request” drop down
Please note, the same requirements and deadlines apply.
- NCE requests should be submitted via SPS at least 15 days prior to the sponsor’s required due date.
- Carryover should only be requested when there is a justifiable need
- Resources and templates are available via myRESEARCHpath
If you have questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to either CAMT or ORS for additional information.
Campus Award Management Team (CAMT)