To: Research Administrators and Grant Managers
From: Gwen Hall-DiFabio
Director, Office of Education for Research Administration and
Re: Change in Requirements for Continuing Education and
Completion of RAA, AGM, FCC Certifications
Date: March 30, 2020
In an effort to support the research community in Duke’s current environment, OERAF in partnership with the Training Advisory Group and key stakeholders of RACI HR will be implementing the following changes:
- The deadline for completing continuing education for all certifications – RCC, RAA, AGM, or FCC – has been extended to August 31, 2020.
- As a reminder, 12 credits of continuing education plus attendance at Management of Selected Post Award Issue (MSPAI) is required to maintain certification for FY20.
- The deadline for completing in-progress certifications for RAA, AGM, and FCC has been extended to August 31, 2020.
- The annual certification requirement for MSPAI is under review. Sessions scheduled for April may be conducted virtually to provide an update related to COVID-19 or may be postponed until later in FY20 to provide an update on COVID-19 or other critical research-related topics. Information will be communicated related specifically to MSPAI at a later date, but in the meantime, please continue to hold those time slots on your calendars.
- OERAF has currently canceled all classes through April 30. In the coming weeks, we will be working with our partners to determine if it is necessary to convert classes to virtual learning based upon the impacts of COVID-19.
Thanks to each of you for your efforts to continue to support Duke researchers during this time. We are all in uncharted waters, so OERAF appreciates your patience as we work through decisions and determine solutions that best support our current environment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.